200g dark bitter cooking chocolate (Nestle Plaistowe), chopped
3/4 cup castor sugar
150g unsalted butter
200g ground almonds
5 eggs, separated
Icing sugar to dust
1. Grease, flour and line base of 20cm round springform tin
2. Heat oven to 160`C (careful - it burns easily at 180`C)
3. Melt chocolate, sugar and butter in a bowl over simmering water or in the microwave.
4. Add butter and sugar. Stir as it continues to melt. Remove from heat.
5. Add almonds. Mix well
6. Beat in egg yolks one by one with a metal spoon
7. Beat egg whites until peaky and fold into the cake mixture
8. pour mixture into cake tin and bake for 40 minutes
9. Allow to cool before removing from tin. Dust with icing sugar to serve